Q. Where is Obesity and Hypertension: From Science to Solutions being held?
A. The 2024 conference will be held in Banff, Alberta at the Fairmont Banff Springs.
Q. Who should attend the Conference?
A. This is a unique interdisciplinary conference showcasing cutting-edge research as well as dedicated tracts for health practitioners looking for clinical management. We look forward to welcoming health professionals from all disciplines, researchers, policy makers, and industries related to obesity and hypertension.
Q. What topics will be covered?
A. With a multidisciplinary focus, the conference will cover a range of topics, including:
- Weight bias and discrimination
- Prevention and public health
- Treatment and management
- Psychology and mental health
- Environments conducive to healthy lifestyles
- Medical nutritional therapy, physical activity and healthy living
- Maternal and fetal origins
- Health law and health policy
- Molecular biology, genetics and physiology
- Neuroscience of ingestive behaviour
Q. What is the conference schedule?
You can view the preliminary program here.
Q. I’ve attended the conference, how can I get a copy of my certificate of attendance and credits?
A. Certificates of attendance will be emailed out to each delegate to the email that you registered under.
Q. How much does it cost to attend the Conference?
A. Registration fees can be found online, here.
Q. What does the registration fee include?
A. The full registration to the conference which includes access to all sessions, open networking events and exhibit hall for the entirety. This includes conference programming from both Obesity Canada and Hypertension Canada.
Q. How can I register for the Conference?
A. You can register for the event here.
Q. Can I get a refund for my registration?
A. Attendee Cancellation policy
- Cancellations must be made in writing to the Conference Secretariat.
- Cancellations requests
received prior to December 15, 2023 will receive a full refund less a $150 administration fee.
- Cancellations requests
received after December 15, 2023 will receive 50% refund of the registration fee less a $150 administration fee.
- Substitute delegates may be accepted but must be advised in writing, send requests to [email protected]
Q. What is the cancellation policy for sponsorship and exhibitors?
A. Sponsorship/ Exhibitors Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation of a sponsor/ exhibitor must be made 90 days prior to the conference to be eligible for a 50% refund. No refund will be given for any cancellation of a sponsor/ exhibitor less than 90 days of the conference.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to the Conference Secretariat, send requests to [email protected]
This conference will be submitted for accreditation through the College of Family Physicians and Surgeons, the Royal college and the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs. Pending formal accreditation.